all i know is that i need less stress in my life. less studying, less calorie counting, less people who give me headaches. i see weeds in my garden that need to be uprooted!
-------------------------
so anyway, for the last two months, i've been doing 24hour group X classes five days a week. as someone who is fundamentally lazy and absolutely abhors sweating, this is quite a feat! i think it was those 2 weeks of bootcamp prior to my group X classes that got me in the habit of exercising almost daily. sad to say, i have not seen much in terms of results, but i think it has to do with the classes i picked. i started out doing 24LIFT and 24SET 2-3 times a week, interspersed with a couple of sessions of turbo kickboxing. LIFT and SET are classes devoted mainly to building muscle, which explains why at the end of 8 weeks, i was actually BIGGER than i was before. that kind of sucked, because even though i was stronger and displayed more muscle tone, who the hell wants to be she-hulk? i didn't do enough cardio, so the fat was still there covering the muscle, making my body look like the pillsbury dough boy on steroids.
so what i've been doing the last couple of weeks is taking a mixture of yoga, pilates, turbo kickboxing and cycling. my muscles now feel longer and less eminent, which makes me believe that one day, my "washboard abs" will not be mistaken for "pregnant" (a la guesstures, summer 2007).
1 comment:
Haha. I must say, if I look back to our days in Austin, I would have never thought this post was written by the same person. So props to you for getting your lazy ass to sweat!
As far as the she-hulk...I know exactly what you mean. Did I ever tell you about my pump iron days...and how my arms were too tight for "girly" shirts? Yeah, that's when I new it was time to stop lifting weights with guys...
Cardio is good, but booorrring. I went to the gym for the first time in ages. I didn't last very long...
Post a Comment